Clean, fresh water. We turn on the tap, and we know it will be there. When I was first elected to the City Commission, that wasn’t the case. In fact, at that time our city faced one of our toughest water challenges as we dealt with drought and water quality issues. I worked with our Mayor and city leaders to make sure that didn’t happen again. And we got a lot done for West Palm Beach.
When our city is facing an issue, I show up when help is needed. From protecting our water supply at Grassy Waters Preserve to standing up to special interests that wanted to privatize it, I’m on the job working for you. Today, our city is ready with plans in place to protect our water supply from the next big drought or crisis.
As Mayor, I will make sure our West Palm Beach water is safe, secure and affordable. It’s not just our water, but it’s our future.
Keith James Has Protected West Palm Beach’s Water
- Opposed State Road 7 and Roebuck Road extensions that would run through our water supply.
- Opposed any plan to privatize our city’s water supply.
- Passed a short-term emergency water plan providing enough supply for a 1 in 100-year drought.
- Passed a drought plan to protect our water supply in times of need.
- Passed a stormwater master plan to protect against flooding and sea level rise.
- Pushed for our state-of-the-art water treatment plant.
Read Keith’s Plans