I have been across our city, meeting with residents and visiting our neighborhoods. Public safety continues to be on the top of everyone’s mind.
As a City Commissioner, I made it my mission to keep us safe. I supported investing in new technology like Shot Spotter and Real Time Crime Center, grant funding opportunities to keep firefighters on the job, our new state-of-the-art Emergency Operations Center and a state-of-the-art radio system that saved taxpayers $5 million.
While overall crime is down in West Palm Beach, violent crime is up in certain pockets. That’s why I have outlined a detailed plan to go after violent crime.
My plan will focus on:
- More community policing in our neighborhoods
- Going after violent criminals using new technology and intelligence led policing efforts
- Data driven policing to ensure areas where crime is occurring have the police and personnel needed
- Cracking down on code enforcement violators to ensure our neighborhoods don’t become havens for crime
- Supporting programs like the Mayor’s Village Initiative that work with our youth to keep them from turning to crime
I’m excited to announce that I have been endorsed by our local firefighters, police and Sheriff Ric Bradshaw. I will work everyday to make sure our neighborhoods are safe.
I am asking for your vote so I can keep working for you.
Please vote Keith James for Mayor on Tuesday, March 12.
P.S. If you missed these videos, please take a moment to watch Sheriff Bradshaw’s endorsement and the endorsement of our Police Benevolent Association.
Sheriff Ric Bradshaw
Detective James Louis/ Police Benevolent Association